Sunday, February 16, 2014

Baby, baby, baby

My good friend Greta is expecting her first baby this April. I met Greta when we shared a classroom together in Somerset.  She was the art teacher who was stuck sharing the room with me (the music teacher).  As a side note, Greta is the cleanest/most organized art teacher I have ever met!  We became fast friends and we have been close during so many exciting times in each others lives.  We both got engaged within weeks and married within weeks as well!  She painted the gorgeous mural on the wall in Harrison's nursery and so I was thrilled when she told me she was having a little girl.  While I won't be painting any of the walls in her home, I will be adding some color with the beautiful purple blanket made for Lila.



Blocking is such a crazy thing.  I swear this blanket tripled after I soaked it and laid it out.  I just wish I had taken a picture.  I can't wait to see it all folded up.  When I asked Greta if she wanted a sweater and hat OR a blanket for baby Lila, she said blanket before I could even finish my sentence.  But, lucky for this baby, I have just enough yarn (oh, the yarn! I almost forgot!!!  Malabrigo Rios might just be my new favorite!) for the most adorable little hat.  Its the Owlie Hat by Teresa Cole.  I think little Lila is going to be beautiful wrapped up in all this love.

Happy Knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment