Friday, February 21, 2014

finally

I have been desperately looking to purchase some sock yarn by Tanis Fiber Arts.  I am the type of knitter that needs to touch the yarn and really see the colors to buy it.  In fact, almost every time I have strayed from this need, I end up purchasing yarn that I just don't like.  And then, it's into the bin in the basement for that stuff...  (P.S. I organized my stash!) Anyway.  A few years (?) ago I saw some of Tanis' yarn at my LYS and should have bought it.  I wasn't that into socks then, but I just knew that I wanted that yarn.  Well, last week as a Valentines Day present to myself, I bit the bullet and bought a skein of TFA Purple Label Cashmere Sock Yarn.  Yes, I said cashmere. I was desperately waiting for it to arrive.  I cast on for a sweater with some yarn I Had bought months ago and tried to wait it out.  On Tuesday, it arrived.



 It is a lovely color.  (I love purple).  But the best thing about it, is how F*&^&*ing soft it is! It is amazing.  I told Michael that I wanted to wrap my body in it... He thinks I'm weird, but he's supportive!  Thank goodness!

The weird thing is, I finally had this beautiful sock yarn.  I had picked the pattern (Alderney Socks from Spring 2014 Interweave Knits) I wanted to use it for.  But I couldn't cast on!  I felt so bad about abandoning the sweater.  So I did what any normal knitter would do.  I set it on the end table next to my knitting seat and looked at it while I begrudgingly knit the damn nice sweater.

Well I knit like crazy.  And looked at the sock yarn.  Then, in a moment of weakness, I decided since the baby was at daycare (Yay February Vacation!) I had to wind it now, because Harrison loves to mess with the swift.  So I wound that lovely ball.





And I think it was more beautiful than before.  Oh no. I couldn't help myself.  So now the sweaters on the end table and I could care less.  The pattern is coming along nicely.  And I am forcing myself to follow the directions.  Sometimes, I think I know better than the designer and decide to change things... then I get into trouble when I have to make a duplicate.  I am not straying a stitch from this pattern.  I cannot wait to wear these!



And the yarn was definitely worth the wait!  What's your favorite sock yarn?

Happy Knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment