Monday, February 17, 2014

when the kid is away

As you may know, I am a music teacher at a public school in Massachusetts.  We have had a brutal winter with a lot of snowfall and a lot of snow days.  While I do love the day off from school to be home, we can get pretty cooped up and bored stuck in the house all day.  Well February vacation is here and Harrison is in school for the week... so this mommy is home ALONE!!!  I got up this morning to get the baby off with his daddy and then I started in on the household chores.  But now, I break... for knit time.


My husband's wonderful Aunt Mell gives me a subscription to Interweave Knits Magazine every year.  There is something about looking at all of the beautiful pictures and ads of yarn that makes it possible for me to read and re-read these magazines all year long.  In the Fall 2013 issue there is a pattern called the Seven Sisters Pullover and I immediately ordered some Knit Picks yarn to get started.  I was so busy making cowls when it arrived that I put it all in a bag in the closet (oh, the closet... I should clean that this week...) and haven't had a chance to start.  Well, when I finished Greta's blanket yesterday I started that adorable little hat to go with it.  And it is adorable.



This Malabrigo Rios yarn is my new favorite.  And I love the idea of a lacy blanket in a deep purple for a baby girl.  What's your favorite color to knit for babies?






What's on your needles?

Happy Knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment