Monday, July 11, 2011

progress?

Progress is defined as a movement toward a goal or to a further or higher stage.  Additional definitions include advancement in general and growth or development; continuous improvement.  

For me, progress is seeing the number of finished works I complete so that they stop hogging the needles I desperately need for other jobs.  So why is it that the number of "finished works" never gets higher than the projects I have already started/are dreaming of starting?!?!?!  

I think it is because of these problems I have:
1.  I spend far too much time on Ravelry looking at projects.
2.  I have a weakness for buying new books ANYTIME I am at/near/in a bookstore/yarn shop.
3.  Yarn shops are magnetic to me.
4.  I am a sucker for cute baby patterns.
5.  I always have to KNIT shower gifts.
6.  I volunteered to make too much for my church's fair.
7.  My mother always has a new thing she wants.
8.  I really want to own my own yarn shop but I think everyone in my family/life will mock me.
9.  I just love yarn.

I'm sure there are more of my issues but this makes me realize I really need to just get off the computer and pick up where I left off- the back of the Kimono Baby Sweater for Meg and Chris' Baby.  

In the desire to show off some progress, take a look:

Hip to Be Squared Baby Blanket for Fall Fair

Ripple Blanket for Meg and Chris' Baby

My Kourtney Shirt - Picture is a bit fuzzy!

Another view - more up close!

And finally, a few pictures of the Kimono Baby Sweater for Meg and Chris' Baby:

The beautiful yarn I chose

Even fit in some dinner before dinner...




I'll be finished soon I hope!  I have to remind myself to enjoy it!
Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment