Thursday, January 20, 2011

a new addiction?

Hi everyone!  Well this week has left me with a cold, time off from work, a sore bottom (I'll explain in a bit) and a new addiction!  Where do I start?  OK.  Monday was a holiday from school and a friend from college invited me to her knitting group at a delicious coffee shop in Warren (mmmmmmmm peppermint tea- out of the CUTEST little tea pot... so adorable!).  I went to learn how to knit socks... I have been dying to try them out, but got scared!  So, I go to the group and low and behold- A NEW ADDICTION IS STARTED!!!  I LOVE it.  I decided to try Basic Ribbed Socks for Men by Kate Atherley.  This is my first time with dpns- with yarn soooo tiny- and knitting in the round!  And I cannot stop!  I took this picture on Tuesday afternoon, but last night I already worked on the gusset (and I know what that is, too!!!!) and I will take another picture this afternoon!




Tuesday came and a terrible cold came with it.  When I left school to go to another building, I fell in the parking lot (hence the sore bottom).  Needless to say, I took Wednesday off from school to ice my back and blow my nose... and slept almost all day!  When I started to feel a bit better, I knit in the evening and actually got a lot done.

I had felted some leashes over the weekend and was able to post them on Etsy.  Here are some before and after pictures of the newest leashes:
BEFORE:


AFTER:


I am so thrilled to have so many projects getting completed.  Remember the cabled blanket?   Well, I finished off another skein of yarn over the weekend, too:


I hope to finish the sock by tomorrow and start the other IMMEDIATELY!!  Then, on to more washcloths and continuing with the blanket.  I really need more finished works...  so I can start more socks!!!

Oh boy, what did I get myself into?

HAPPY KNITTING EVERYONE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment